- Goal 1: Austin Comets Athletics will target grammar/elementary school youth and children in urban communities.
- Goal 2: Austin Comets Athletics will create a safe environment for youth and children to become members of our all male urban youth sports fraternity.
- Goal 3: Austin Comets Athletics will equip youth and children with skills for use in life.
- Goal 4: Austin Comets Athletics will put to test skills learned in athletic competition and youth leadership.
- Objective 1A: Grow in minority youth and children (proteges) participating in our program by 50% or more every athletic year.
- Objective 1B: Market our youth enrichment services to more than half of Chicago’s underprivileged areas to increase public attention and awareness to the number of youth and children (proteges) in need of mentoring.
- Objective 1C: At least %50 or more youth and children (proteges) will return to the program from the previous athletic year to participate in activities.
- Objective 2A: Our coaches (mentors) will introduce our skill-building activities, mentoring events and fraternity clubhouses to at least 40% or more athletes (proteges) in the metropolitan communities of Chicago, Illinois.
- Objective 2B: Recruit, screen and train at minimum 15 qualified program staff primarily member coaches (mentors) to be matched groups of youth and children (proteges) for a ratio of 5:1.
- Objective 2C: Partner with secure public and private facilities (parks and gyms) to provide adequate safety for youth participation.
- Objective 3A: Decrease problematic and defiant behavior in urban youth and children by %50 through mentoring activities focusing on moral character, decision making ability, emotional awareness and competency to overall help them to become great citizens.
- Objective 3B: Teach the basic fundamentals of sports in organized team play and improve the health and wellness of inner-city youth and children including the development of physical, mental and emotional fitness.
- Objective 4: Give at least 10 youth (proteges) leadership roles including areas in management and administration, fundraising, marketing, peer training, coaching and recruiting.
"The coaches, in the Austin Comets Athletics Program, played a major role in my child's life with guidance and positive encouragement that are much appreciated."